27.8.26

Loss

Recently while driving there was music playing. I wasn't wearing my hearing aids so I was struggling to identify the song. After a few moments of indistinct bass playing, I had to ask "what song is this?" My partner simply replied "....woooooow", meaning her shock at my inability to name the tune I already knew. My immediate response to that was "I'm deaf, LOL" 

At my hearing test earlier this year, the Doctor informed me that I had "lost" about 20 dB, which is a curious way to phrase that, as if I had a choice? Anyway I now know what that SOUNDS like, if that makes sense. While wearing the new units corrects the loss for now, I'm trying to not take it for granted. 

Loss

Recently while driving there was music playing. I wasn't wearing my hearing aids so I was struggling to identify the song. After a few m...