9.9.26

Apple

I was the kid in Elementary school tapping on an Apple ][; My second language was BASIC (although CoCo flavoured). I don't like where tech is these days so I'm mostly hanging out with FOSS software.

This is really a post about Apple's launch of their folding iPhone they've dubbed the "Duo". They couldn't even come up with an original name for a folding phone - Microsoft already had that with their Surface Duo. The company's soul died when Jobs did - all Tim Cook has done was the job he was hired to do - streamline their vertical hardware division and he's done exactly that. They run on their own silicon, hardware and their own software. Quality is a different matter when it comes to software, but most folks will agree their hardware is fine.

The cost of their new folding phone rounded up, is three thousand dollars Canadian. I can't justify that. I've always been a grubby, PC hardware hacking FOSS dude. I can appreciate great engineering but their hubris is disgusting.

Apple can go to hell. 

 

Apple

I was the kid in Elementary school tapping on an Apple ][; My second language was BASIC (although CoCo flavoured). I don't like where te...