11.9.26

Sweat

Here's the thing, I sweat a lot. I run HOT. My partner always said my body feels like standing next to a furnace. Having said that, I've never owned a pair of 2 functioning hearing aids before, much less IP rated. Both are Bluetooth enabled, which means I get to switch them out for listening to media. As it stands, I keep the older pair next to my PC and use those while working out in my gym. The newer pair's home is on my dresser next to my wallet & watch.

My Xbox wireless headset recently stopped working. They've had a good run. I stupidly used them for sweaty outdoor cardio when I first got them; the foam pads have been replaced twice already, tape is holding the microphone together since the plastic shell cracked. I attempted the 2 button reset but to no avail, I think this time they're really cooked, as the kids say. Ah well. I don't think I'll replace them straight away. I may try alternating between hearing aids.

However, I have been wanting to try those Pixel Bud "A" series. If they can put up with excessive sweating, they'll join me on my walkabouts instead.

FOSS

Went into the Mint software repository &  downloaded the "Panel profiles" feature and enabled them for XFCE. I ended up select...